Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One step at a time

There I was sitting in the floor of the book store wondering why I couldn't find anything that explained what I was going through, they had books on international adoption, how to pass a home study, an idiots guide to adoption, etc., but nothing on how to explain why your daughters cousin is going to have the same sister as her. Was this an unheard of topic?? I'm sure we aren't the first people in this situation, I just want to answer questions that my daughter is asking with grace and intelligence, instead I'm stumbling over the words and trying to explain that Daddy's sister is giving Kelci to us because we can provide the best family life for her. Instead of continuing my journey to find a book that helped me explain what I was trying to say I got up, composed myself, put the books away, and came home to start a blog. Hopefully by telling my story maybe just maybe I can help someone else out there at some point in their journey.

I'm going to apologize now for grammar mistakes, misspellings, slang, and punctuation errors. I think I may have pulled a low B high C in my English classes. This topic is important to me though so I'm going to put it out there with every mistake and all.

By the way, I'm Samantha, and in less than 48 hours I will be a new mommy again! My husband and I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter, and we are being blessed with a new daughter by his sister. Kelci is going to be the perfect addition to our family and we have everything (okay almost everything) ready for her arrival! On top of having NO clue about adoption or where we were suppose to start with it, we just learned that we would be adopting our wonderful baby girl about 2 months ago so in a matter of less than 8 weeks we have put together a beautiful nursery for our baby girl! I will give my hubby the credit on that because when I fell to emotional pieces about the whole thing he always picked me up and kept me moving forward.

We haven't started the paper work, we haven't had a home study, we haven't even worked out an adoption plan, we just know that we are having a baby and we have a place for her to rest her head and lots of love to give her....and that's where we will begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment